OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2008

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 20:10:06 -0400
        I am getting used to disagreements from Kenn Kaufman whenever I
happen to question publicly in any way the wisdom of decision-makers in
the wildlife/hunting communities. Though I seldom hear directly from
these agencies in such instances, I do hear from others who support me.
        The survey in question--please check for yourself--doesn't have a "fair
amount of information." It has next to none. My questions quoted below
still need public answers, and I don't know why we should each have to
phone ODOW for clarification. The Web site Kenn refers to is simply
ODOW's, where a search for "Wildife Conservation Stamp" got no hits.
Certainly, the survey is easy to fill out, as long as you're willing to
decide about an "Ohio Conservation Stamp Program" without having the
slightest idea what it is, and if it turns you on to imagine how much
you'd pay for it, then choose what kind of trinket you'd prefer as a reward.
        If this stamp is good for birds I'd like to know how. Mine is not an
unreasonable request. I'd also like to know why Kenn is using his
considerable reputation to tell us this is a good idea. If it is, I'm
game, and I think for my "item" I'd choose an ODOW tattoo on my
forearm...how about you?
Bill Whan
Columbus