OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2008

From:
David Holcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Holcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:26:24 -0500
Yesterday afternoon my home in central Worthington seemed to become bird
central as a flock of robins surrounded the house. Nice as that was those
robins seemed to attract other birds to join in the fun and the noise.

Within 20 minutes I had seen all of the below listed birds with the
highlight being a yellow-bellied sapsucker (female) who landed on an oak
tree not 20’ from where I was taking photos of the throngs of birds. I was
able to get a several shots of this bird and it was remarkable how well
she blended with the bark of the oak. Then the party ended as quickly as
it began as all the birds scattered (a hawk?) and were gone.

Central Worthington
11-13-08, 4:00 pm

Robins
House sparrows