OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2008

From:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:30:40 -0500
Today was a dark and dreary morning. It was wet, cold and miserable.
However, my day was quickly brightened when a vibrant and cooperative
Blue-headed Vireo revealed itself. Other highlights were an American
Tree Sparrow some more Pine Siskins.

Location:     Campus
Observation date:     11/13/08
Number of species:     29

Cooper's Hawk     1, eating a robin
Morning Dove      1
Red-bellied Woodpecker     2
Downy Woodpecker     4
Hairy Woodpecker     1
Northern Flicker     2
BLUE-HEADED VIREO     1, rather late, last seen in area on 10/21
Blue Jay     8
American Crow     6
Horned Lark     1
Carolina Chickadee     12
Tufted Titmouse     6
White-breasted Nuthatch     5
Carolina Wren     7
Golden-crowned Kinglet     4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet     1
American Robin     150
European Starling     30
Cedar Waxwing     75
Yellow-rumped Warbler     3
American Tree Sparrow     1, first of fall for here
Song Sparrow     9
White-throated Sparrow     30
Dark-eyed Junco     22
Northern Cardinal     12