OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2008

From:
Ryan Steiner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:42:59 -0800
Despite the adverse weather today I managed to have some luck at Lorain Harbor.  I managed to find two Jaegers, an adult and a juvenile.  The young bird was definately a Parasitic but the adult bird I never got a very good look at due to the constant spray of the waves against the breakwall which put as much water in the air between me and the bird as it did on the lens of my scope.  In the earlier part of the morning when there was more fog, a Purple Sandpiper flew across the water, probably the one reported yesterday by Gabe Leidy and Jen Brumfield.  Also, a juvenile Black-legged Kittiwake passed me at close range, circled around once and disappeared into the fog flying west.  I didn't manage to find him again but it is possible he is still around.

Good Birding!
-Ryan Steiner