OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2008

Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 22:28:28 -0500
A group of 5 went birding around Deer Creek Reservoir this morning. It was
cold and rainy at first and cold and less rainy later. Some of the best
birding of the day was during lunch at the lodge overlooking the lake. There
was a merlin sitting on the top of an tree near the entrance. As we walked
in a mature bald eagle flew by the windows that overlook the lake. When we
sat down for at our table we saw a pair of common mergansers on the lake. At
that point we started wondering why we had spent the morning out in the
rain. Here's the list of what we saw, to the best of my recollection...

Canada Goose     25
Gadwall     1
American Wigeon     1
American Black Duck     7