OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2008

From:
"Robert S. Morton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert S. Morton
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 09:51:25 -0400
Set up my backyard bird feeding station, now that cold weather is here in
NW Ohio. Have 1 platform feeder with mixed bird seed, 1 wired hanging
feeder with black-oil sunflower seeds, two thistle feeders, and on hanging
suet feeder. I have created a Monarch Waystation in my front, side and back
yards, where I plant nectaring flowers along with common and swamp
milkweed. It attracts many birds that I would never have seen. Goldfinches
have fed on the seeds left in the Evening Primrose and Purple Coneflower; I
don't cut them even after flowering time is over.

1 Red-bellied Woodpecker(enjoys the cracked corn over sunflower seeds)
1 Robin
hoards of House Sparrows(any tips on "handling" them?)
3 House Finches
3 WB Nuthatches
2 Tufted Titmouse
3 Blue Jays
2 Cardinals
1 Carolina Wren (heard singing)
1 Mourning Dove

Please visit my WILDLIFE FRIENDLY LAWN Blog; I'd enjoy hearing from you:
http://wildlifefriendlylawn.blogspot.com/