OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2008

From:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2008 10:54:25 -0500
Greetings:

The female Long-tailed Duck was still present this morning at 10 am at
Schrock Lake, Sharon Woods Metro Park, in Columbus. The bird was napping
on the water in the northern end of the pond. All of the ducks I
observed were hugging the shoreline, with the majority in the northern
end with the Long-tailed Duck.

Other birds observed:

1 Pied-billed Grebe

Wood Ducks: 7 male, 3 female

Mallards: 23 male, 9 female

Green-winged Teal: 3 female

Canada Goose: 17

American Coot: 2

Directions to Sharon Woods: take I270 to exit 27, Cleveland Avenue, take
Cleveland Avenue north past Shrock Road and the entrance to the park is
on the left. Follow signs to the lake and scan the edges carefully if
you don't see the bird at first.

Good Birding,

Andy Sewell

Columbus, Ohio