OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2008

From:
Adam Cirone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Cirone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:12:17 -0500
I visited 2391 Brentwood, Bexley this morning to see the Selasphorus
sp. hummingbird that was reported on the listserve by Jim McCormac.
Doreene was there too. It took some time, but at about 9:45 am we saw
the hummingbird visit the feeder and even caught it perching in a
nearby tree.

If you want to visit, make sure that you read Jim McCormac's previous
post about where to go and what instructions to follow. We were
standing opposite the small deck and windows when the bird came, and
it seemed to come from the right of where we were standing. I suggest
even checking some of the trees in the yard while you are waiting,
because it might be perching in one of them.

And I want to thank the owner of the house, JoAnn LaMuth, for letting
the birding community enjoy this beautiful bird.

Adam Cirone
B.A. in Biology from Muskingum College
Senior Reseach on Grassland Birds

Columbus, Ohio