OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

From:
Andi Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andi Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:28:13 -0500
I wonder if the Cooper's Hawk was foraging on road kill?  I looked at the
photos posted and it looked like the squirrel may have been a road splat.
We have Cooper's Hawks in our neighborhood who have perched on the fence
whilst the squirrels happily eat the seed under the feeders.  The hawks
snatch birds off the feeder, but leave the squirrels alone as far as I can
tell.

Andi

--
Andi Wolfe