OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

From:
Janet Creamer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Creamer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:28:53 +0000
John Howard, Vince Howard, Tricia West, Scott Howard, Sarah Howard, Cindy Steffan, and Tina Howard and myself participated in the Adams County CBC. Scott Howard, Vince Howard and Tricia West were on foot. The rest of us drove and got out in selected spots. This is the results for just our territory within the circle, not the entire circle. Our territory focused around US Route 348 and the north side of US Rt 125, near West Union.

Highlights-90 Black Vultures, 1 Hermit Thrush, 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 9 American Kestrels, 13 Screech Owls (brought in with tapes in the early morning), 77 Cedar Waxwings (we saw over 50 in a cedar tree on the other side of the road that we could not count.)

11
American Black Duck

33
Bluebird, Eastern