OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

From:
Suzanne Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzanne Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:09:23 -0500
Hi all,

For the past week on my way home I have noticed a bird sitting in the same bare tree each evening between 4-4:30pm. I kept thinking it could be a Merlin and this evening I talked my husband into driving so I could take a look at it with my binoculars. I do think it could be a wintering Merlin and while I did not have my scope with me for digiscoping, I did take a few photos just with my camera. While they are certainly not of good quality, they might sufficient for someone to verify my identification. If anyone is interested in further information, or would like to see a picture, feel free to e-mail me.

Suzanne Butcher, Trumbull Country