OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

From:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jay Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:10:06 -0500
I was just looking at Allan's excellent pictures of the Snow Geese taken
near Washington Court House and realized that there is a Ross's Goose among
them. Allan's best picture of his series of four shots showing this bird is
the second picture from the left, one of the closer shots of the bird. In
that picture the Ross's Goose is the third bird from the right, the one
directly behind the immature Snow Goose. You can clearly see it's smaller
overall size and short stubby bill.

http://www.pbase.com/nsxbirder/new_images

Jay Stenger
Cincinnati, Ohio