OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

From:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:57:14 -0500
What an amazing morning.  Not in numbers but in quality.

Sims Park served up two Bald Eagles as we were walking on the pier about
10am.  One flew away but the other began to fish then flew right toward us
and landed in the tall tree near the pier.  Even in the poor lighting Adam
captured some interesting fishing shots
http://adamvalencic.com/uploads/12262008.

When the first picture loads move your cursor to the right side middle of
the picture and an arrow will appear.  This will allow you to scroll quickly
through the shots.

At Burke we watched a Peregrine Falcon eat its breakfast on one of the
signal lights along the far runway.  There was too much heat shimmer to get
good digiscope pictures.  Also saw a Red-tail perched on the red tower
across from Gate 12.

At E.72nd I saw my first Glaucous Gulls.  I got a couple nice pictures but
Gabe Leidy has already posted some great pictures.  I needed to get going or
I'm sure I could have found the other gulls reported by Gabe.

I need to build a few points at home tomorrow (painting the basement) so I
can bird another day!!!

Matt Valencic

Chagrin Falls, OH

  _____