OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:23:17 -0500
Hey everyone,

Over the Christmas break, I went to Buckley Wildlife Sanctuary In Frankfort Ky.  It's an Audibon site and I was only able to stay there for about an hour before we started loosing light.  But it is a great place with three trails and a pond and bird blinds..  If you are in the area it's worth the drive.

Here is Address and Contact Number and web site:
1305 Germany Rd
Frankfort, KY 40601

(859) 873-5711?
http://www.audubon.org/local/sanctuary/buckley/Buckley.html

Saw the typical feeder birds and such and HEY Bruce I got my male Red Bellied Woodie pic!! :D

Nuthatches, Chickadees, Titmice, Cardinal, Mourning Doves, Red Bellied Woodpeckers, and Carolina Wrens were the ones that I saw while there but they had Red Breasted Nuthatches listed on the board as well as a dozen others.

Took a few pics I put them on my bucket site: http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/sjlarue/Birds/ .  The shooting was excelent, as long as you have Photoshop for color corection...tinted windows.

Later.

Happy Birding and God Bless

Steve Jones
(a.k.a. sjlarue)

Genesis 1.20

And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."