OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

From:
Joe Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:02:42 -0500
Hi,

The problem is not my binoculars, it is my memory that is the problem.

After looking through about 20 bird pictures later, I have trouble
remembering the original features of the live bird I was looking for.

If I write down data and bring it back I have the same problem.

So if I can take even a crappy but adequate digital photo of the bird I can
spend whatever time is needed to decide what it is.

So I am hoping the camera comes this week.  My wife's take pictures of the
grandbaby digital camera is basically useless to me for bird identification.

I have Birds of Ohio, and a Peterson guide.

cheers,

joe d phillips