OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2008

From:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
H Thomas Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:22:03 -0500
One more plea for help on Christmas Count this weekend!

Gypsum
Friday, January 2, 2009
We still have areas that need to be covered.  This count covers Pt.
Clinton, Catawba Island, East Harbor State Park, Marblehead peninsula,
Sandusky Bay, Medusa Marsh, Resthaven Wildlife Area, and Castalia.
Plus it is unofficial so no $5 fee!  Contact me if you can help.
Meeting - 7:00 AM Big Boppers restaurant on Rte 163 east of East
Harbor entrance and noon at Burger King in Pt. Clinton

Carey
Saturday - January 3, 2009
We still have areas that need to be covered.  This count covers
Springville Marsh State Nature Preserve, several quarries, Carey
Wildlife area, and miles of open country.
Plus it is unofficial so no $5 fee!  Contact Rick Counts

Ottawa NWR
Sunday, January 4, 2009
We still have areas that need to be covered.  This count covers Ottawa
NWR, Magee Marsh Wildlife area, Metzger Marsh, Toussaint Wildlife area
and miles of open country and lake front.  This is an official count
and there is a $5 fee for those over 18.  The big plus is there is a
lunch provided at the visitor center at noon for a small donation.
Contact me if you can help!
Meeting - 7:45 AM at "trail" parking lot and noon at visitor center.

Fremont
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Contact BSBO

For those of you who like to attempt 100 species in January, these
counts are a must.  I typically finish these counts with 85-90 species
and the counts combined totals are usually over 100 species.  Forget
football and get out of the house!

--
H. Thomas Bartlett
Tiffin, Ohio