OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 22:43:06 EST
The Merlin are still being observed at the cemetery. Most days there are at
least 2. Best sections are 85, 83 and 90. Tonight there were also 100's of
American Robins feeding on the crabapples.
Backyard:
4 Tree Sparrows, highest number so far, and also my first Pine Sisken.
Coopers Hawk has been thinning out the Rock Dove population!
Last night I got home around 11:20 PM and while unloading stuff out of  my
truck I looked up to check the sky/clouds and was surprised to see a flock of
"white birds" high and heading south east. By the time I got the binos out they
 were out of sight but I did catch another flock and they were gulls,
Ring-billed  I presume. I watched for 10 minutes or so and they passed by in flocks
of 20-30,  all heading the in the same direction.
Lou Gardella
Garfield Heights
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)