OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Dave&Lisa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave&Lisa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:52:40 -0500
For any of those interested in these large Crow Roosts. We have one for you, it has been growing the last few years. Location- near Ross C./Jackson C. Line. From Chillicothe, take Rt. 35 East( towards Jackson), maybe 13-14 miles to Richmond Dale, continue up long grade and down other side..at foot of grade you will pass over Salt Lick Creek(little Salt in old days). The right side has White Pine planted all along.. Crows can be seen in Huge numbers all along Rt 35 here(South Side) clear to Cj's Fam. Rest. A good spot is as soon as you turn onto Limerick Rd. There seems to be multiple roosts here?

I drive thru there 2 times a day-7:30am, and again between 4:30-5pm. The number is tens of thousands! I will be honest, I have no idea of the real number, and would love for someone to guess on this one! As the air is full of them.

Good luck if you go! Delorme-pg.78-3c

Dave Hess
SVBNC
Chillicothe