OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Andi Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andi Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:16:28 -0500
Steve and I went up to the dam to see if we could find the Black-legged
Kittiwake.  After a short scan of the gulls on the water, we did find it
without too much effort.  Something spooked the flock and they all bolted,
but settled in closer to the dam afterwards.

Other birds seen:

Great blue heron
Canada goose (maybe some Richardson's in there, too)
American Wigeon
American Black Duck
Mallard
Northern Shoverler
Redhead Duck
Ring-necked Duck
Bufflehead
Hooded Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Ring-billed gull
European Starling

There was a grey goose that resembed a white-fronted goose, but it was
probably just a Canada Goose/domestic hybrid.

If you park below the dam and take the stairs, use extreme caution.  The
steps are coated in ice and very dangerous.

--
Andi Wolfe
www.AndiWolfe.com