OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Tom Bain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:47:47 -0500
Attention January listers.

This afternoon, a Chipping Sparrow with one slightly drooping wing made
several lengthy visits to the suet and sunflower feeders at the Hogback Road
Nature Preserve, Preservation Parks of Delaware County.

The Park System's Bird Quest participants enjoyed this special out-of-season
treat during the first Bird Quest 2009 bird walk. Bird Quest is an organized
invitation to discover bird species in the park system through the year.
Next bird walk will be at Gallant Woods Preserve, 2151 Buttermilk Hill Road,
Delaware 43015 at 8:00AM, January 31.

The nature center is located at 2656 Hogback Road. Follow I71 north to exit
131, routes 36/37. Exit left (west) and go a short distance past Cracker
Barrel. Turn right (north) onto 3Bs & K Road. Go a few miles to Howard Road
and turn left (west). Go another few hundred meters and turn right onto
Hogback Road. Drive to the sharp left curve and find the gate in the curve.
Nature center is at road's end.

I'll post pictures on my blog at www.ohiogeologyandbiodiversity.blogspot.com

Tom Bain
Central Ohio Clayey Till Plain