OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
"dave.n8auh" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
dave.n8auh
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:29:07 -0500
We are trying to cull through things here at home and have some 15 books,
mostly birding-related and a few other "nature-type" books, to give away.
If you are interested, please reply off-list and I'll send you a list of
what we have.

Here on our Mallard Lake in north Medina City we've had a female Northern
Shoveler coming to our lake to one of the patches of water with bubblers
keeping it thawed for the past few weeks.  She's in and out.

We've also had a female Green Wing Teal visiting for about a week, both in
the lake and in our yard feeding with the Mallards beneath several of the
feeders.  The Teal appears to have a bad right foot but keeps up with the
Mallards quite well.

Cheers !

Dave Kersten / Rev. Beth McGuire

Medina, Ohio

<file:///C:\Program%20Files\Common%20Files\Microsoft%20Shared\Stationery\fie
ruled.gif>