OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Nancy Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:34:18 -0500
Birders,

The Lakewood CBC (west side of Cleveland) was wonderfully successful despite
the horrendous winds, thank you to all.  While all results are not in yet, I
did want to mention a count week species that was unexpected.  A Marsh Wren
was seen on Tuesday, December 30 at the Lake Abrams wetlands, part of the
new Cleveland Metroparks Lake-to-Lake trail.  About ½ way down the boardwalk
crossing Lake Abrams I heard a harsh, ticking sound … wren-like … and was
more anticipating a Carolina wren, when amazingly, the Marsh Wren popped up
among the dried cattail stalks.

The Lake Abrams Lake-to-Lake trailhead is located off of Eastland Rd., about
½ mile north of Bagley in Berea.  There is construction on Eastland,
careful.  The parking lot is on the east side of Eastland Rd.