OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Kathi Hutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:16:14 -0600
Stuck indoors another day, waiting for a call from the local guy who
plows driveways and hoping for some decent birding in the backyard.  The
Rusty Blackbird from yesterday hasn't shown up yet, but she sent some
replacements:  Several White-throated Sparrows (first in the yard this
year), one female PURPLE FINCH (#62 for Jan) and 5 HORNED LARKS (Year
Bird #63 and only the second time I have had HOLA in my yard.)

Total List includes:

Mourning Dove
Downy Woodpecker
Red-belled Woodpecker
Blue Jay
HORNED LARK (5)
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Northern Mockingbird
American Tree Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal
Brown-headed Cowbird
PURPLE FINCH (1F)
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

For those keeping track of the "I will never get 100 birds in January"
club, I'm at 63 species and unlikely to go any higher, unless I luck
into some fabulous birds by Saturday afternoon.

~Kathi

http://katdocsworld.blogspot.com/