OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Rick Asamoto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 20:45:44 -0500
Shane Egleston and I saw a Horned Grebe on the Great Miami River across from Carillon Park in Dayton today.  While we were there Kevin Myers stopped by and let us know he had just seen a White-winged Scoter a short distance south on the river, viewed from the DP&L (Dayton Power & Light) parking lot at 1900 Dryden Rd. If travelling north on Dryden the parking lot is the last drive on the right just before you get to the bridge over the river. The four of us (John Habig joined us) viewed the scoter from the parking lot, and saw it briefly in flight.

Rick Asamoto
Miamisburg