OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Robert Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:09:22 -0800
Hello Everyone,
Today at around 2:30pm 3 of the White-winged
Crossbills were present @ Clear Creek Metropark in
Hocking County. Heather Raymond, who kindly pointed
the birds out to me, reported that someone told her
around 40 birds were present earlier in the day.  The
birds were feeding in some spruce trees on the right
hand side of the road, just before the large rock that
leans over the road.  On the way back to Reynoldsburg,
I stopped by Pickerington Ponds Metropark.  On Ellis
pond there were 2 Cackling Geese among the throng of
Canadas.  There are an incredible number of ducks
there right now, but they were all Mallards and Black
Ducks.

Good January Birding,
Brad Sparks
Reynoldsburg