OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:28:45 -0500
Things picked up slightly with gulls, but ducks numbers remained on the low
side.  The best bird was a young male harlequin duck that passed by close to
the shore flying alone.  A young male passed by close to shore on the 28th
of December, I am guessing it may be the same bird as today.  Also of note
were two lesser black-backed gulls.

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey
North Perry, Lake County
January 4, 2009, 745-1015