OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2009

From:
Dan Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:08:13 -0800
Hello All,
     Just to let everyone know that in addition to all of the great gulls that have been seen/reported at 72nd Street since the first of this year, there is still? (one was reported much earlier) an adult Snowy Owl at the Burke Lakefront Airport, West of E. 55th Street, along N. Marginal Road. This all-white beauty (probably an adult male) was perched about 4 feet off the ground on what looked like a large earth-moving machine at the far NE end of the airport, way past the end of the airstrips. This was long-distance viewing (even with a scope) from the "S" curve area of Marginal Road, but you could easily see the all-white plumage and also see some back-and-forth head movement. I know that there are a number of Big January listers out there who would want to know that at least one of the Snowy Owls is still hanging on. Best of luck in the New Year!
 Dan Sanders
42 Scioto St
Powell, OH 43065
614-596-5666