OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:16:50 -0500
A turkey vulture flew across Chagrin River Road in Bentleyville as
I was starting off on my errands. First of the year in my neighborhood.

I checked Frohring Meadows (Geauga Co.) early this morning, and found
  three killdeer have returned. On the water 50 mallards and 150 Canada
Geese.

Made time to stop back in at the Highland Park Cemetery on Northfield
Rd.
to look for WW Crossbills again.  They were still there, but with the
high winds
they were feeding almost entirely on the ground, probing the fir cones.
Maybe thirteen birds, 5 males. Remarkable views, from the shelter of
my car.

One red breasted nuthatch joined them.

Inga Schmidt