OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Jeremiah Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremiah Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:34:54 -0500
I took a stroll over to Sandridge Metroparks in Lorain Co.  The winds were
guest very strong with a light snow/rain mix, temp in the upper 30's F.

Present at the feeder around the building:

Black-capped Chickadee
Northern Cardinal (m & f)
Field Sparrow
Song Sparrow
House Sparrow
Dark-eye Junco
Goldfinch

The trail back to the wetland:
Downy woodpecker
Sparrow (was unable to get positive ID on species)
Black-capped Chickadee

The wetland:
Bald Eagle and juvenile bald eagle in flight.  The adult was fighting with
the juvenile.  This took place for several minute.  A spectacular show to
watch.
Mallard
Canada Geese
Black-capped Chickadee (heard)
Song Sparrow (heard)
Bluebird (heard)

Other than that, the trail is very wet and still ice covered in sections
(caution to the wise).  The swamp forest saturated with water and has the
potential rising??

See you in the field,
Jeremiah W. Roth