OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Chris Knoll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Knoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:48:29 -0500
Early this morning while feeding the birds at the Black Swamp Bird
Observatory,

I saw and heard 1 Rusty Blackbird among a few Red-winged Blackbirds. Here
are the birds I saw:

1. Rusty Blackbird - 1 singing
2. Red-winged Blackbirds - several
3. Tundra Swans - 2 flocks 14 and 21.
4. N. Pintail Flyovers - 4
5. N. Cardinal - 2 males singing like its spring!

Ok, I'm on my way to the NW Ohio Naturalist Gathering at Oak Openings
Metro-park.
For directions to the Black Swamp Bird Observatory, please go
<file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CCHRISK%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5C
clip_filelist.xml>  to our website at www.bsbobird.org
<http://www.bsbobird.org/> .

Our building is open (winter hours) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11:00
am to 5:00 pm.

HAPPY BIRDING EVERYONE,

Christopher J. Knoll

Education Director