OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Dale Brubeck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:59:27 -0500
Yesterday, I saw a banded Canada goose at Hoover Reservoir....which I thought was odd...it seemed kind of small but since it was alone....I wasn't sure of the relevant size.  The numbers/letters were large, like 43HL...or something like that...I didn't really focus on it, but maybe someone could tell me why a Canada goose would be banded--a huge band....12 inches long or so.

Dale Brubeck