OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:28:34 -0500
     There has been what appears to be an adult Chipping Sparrow in winter plumage in our backyard in the village of Damascus since December 26th (This was the first day it was seen by my wife). We were in Florida from December 29th thru February 7th; upon our return the Chipper was still present. The bird does have a slightly drooping left wing but seems to have no problem flying. The only negative the bird has is that it is constantly being chased by Tree Sparrows and Juncos while ground feeding. We will continue to observe the visit of the Chipping Sparrow.

                        Bob and Denise Lane