OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Dan Gesualdo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:32:28 EST
I drove through the valley late yesterday to check out the herons. At Bath
Rd. I counted 51 total. Some on nests, some in the trees, some working on
nests,  others bringing large branches. While I watched, a flock of about 500 red
winged  blackbirds settled in the area. Three wood ducks-2F/1M were in the
river near  the bridge at Bath and Riverview along with mallards, Canadas, and one
lonely  looking Canvasback (F). About 200 crows were in a wet field on
Akron-Peninsula  road. I stopped at O'neil Woods and heard a Great horned owl
calling from the  woods. 11 Red tailed hawks were seen on Riverview between 82 and
Bath  also.
Good Birding,
Dan
**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your