OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Aaron Bartley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Bartley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:08:28 -0500
My backyard feeders have been busy with all the snow.  While watching some Pine Siskins at my thistle feeder, I was treated to a great look at a male purple finch.  He was only a few feet away from my window.  Then if that wasn't enough, a few minutes later a female common redpoll also came to the same window.  Yesterday 2/1/09, an adult male eastern towhee was feeding at my ground feeder and a juvenile yellow-bellied sapsucker was at a suet feeder.

Backyard feeder list 2/2/09
Mourning Dove 1
Downy Woodpecker  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1