OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
"Robert S. Morton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert S. Morton
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:54:45 -0500
Had the usual visitors to my backyard bird feeding station in Fremont:
20 Common Grackles
8 Cowbirds
Blue Jays
Cardinals
WB Nuthatches
2 Downy Woodpeckers
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker
1 Black-capped Chickadee
1 Tree Sparrow
2 Carolina Wrens
9 Dark-eyed Juncos
2 Tufted Titmouse
3 House Finch
3 Goldfinch
Starlings
House Sparrows
5 Mourning Doves
5 Pine Siskins

Drove behind Fremont Water Filtration Plant. A hundred Mallard and a dozen
Black Duck were in the warm, open channel. One large Bald Eagle and two
juvenile Bald Eagles were picking up the many large silver fish (shinners)
discarded by the Herring and RB Gulls there.

Visit my Wildlife-Friendly Yards site and read up on "HOT OFF THE PRESS:
TODAY'S HEADLINES ABOUT OHIO'S WINTER BIRDS":
www.wildlifefriendlylawn.blogspot.com/