OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:26:46 -0800
Jim McCormac kindly corrected my misidentification of the thrush I found at Spring Valley Wildlife Area this morning.  The following is the exchange of emails that followed my first listing (in reverse order):

*    I forgot to mention in my original post that I was able to locate several small flocks of Horned Larks in the Houston - Cornstalk Road area near SVWA.  No buntings or longspurs, though.

There was no tail pumping, but it was making a low chuck call note - the reason I noticed it.
Thanks for keeping me honest, Jim!

Cindy