OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Robert Royse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Royse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:46:44 -0800
The Surf Scoter was in same general vicinity that it was yesterday south of 5th Ave. in the Scioto River. It is best viewed from the west side of the river.  I'll be glad to take anyone down there tomorrow morning at, let's say, 9:30.  Please email me if you're interested and I'll send directions. Of course there is no guarantee that the scoter will still be present.

Perched high atop a spruce today on Lake Shore Drive south of 5th was not a crossbill, but the neighborhood wintering Eastern Phoebe. I hadn't seen it in a while, but I'm glad to see that it too made it through the recent icy weather.

Bob Royse

Robert Royse
www.roysephotos.com