OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
annette webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
annette webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 22:05:40 -0500
My non-birder sister from Dublin called tonight to tell me, "I think
we saw a Barn Owl last night." It was on a power line over Manley
Rd., east of Corazon Dr. in Dublin.

Her husband was driving, and she told him to turn around, that she
was sure she had just seen a very cute owl. They went back to the
spot, opened their sunroof below the power line, and the owl
proceeded to watch them as long as they sat there! She said it had a
round white face and a tan body. After looking around at Barn Owl
photos online, she was sure that is what she saw. Sounds right to me.

...They get hooked on one cute bird, and the next thing you know you
have more birders in the family!

Annette Webb
Wadsworth, OH