OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:38:45 -0500
        Forecasters are employing some seldom-used words to describe tomorrow's
front, which is to deliver very quickly a large mass of warm wet air
from the Gulf coast between Texas and Mississippi. There is talk of
possible tornadoes and Ike-like winds of 60-70 mph. Check the "Forecast
Discussion" page on your local Weather Service site for details.
        This will in all likelihood blow in some out-of-range birds, and there
is a small chance some will be seen by knowledgeable people and
reported. Ugly weather will persuade most of us to stay inside during
the passage, but we might see some interesting things after things calm
down. Keep an eye open for the unusual, but
Stay safe,
Bill Whan
Columbus

        "You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat-catching, and you
will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family."---Robert Darwin, in
a letter to his son Charles.