OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:40:40 -0700
The male and female Long-tailed Ducks were still present last night at Lake Medina yesterday evening at 7:30pm. Complete list follows.
1. Canada Goose - 19
2. Mute Swan - 1
3. Wood Duck - 4 (2m,2f)
4. Mallard - 3 (2m,1f)
5. Redhead - about 250
6. Ring-necked Duck - about 30
7. Scaup species - about 300
8. Long-tailed Duck - 2 (1m,1f)
9. Bufflehead - about 25
10. Common Goldeneye - 3 (2m,1f)
11. Hooded Merganser - 22 (13m,9f)
12. Red-breasted Merganser - 12 (m)
13. Ruddy Duck - about 70
14. Pied-billed Grebe - 2
15. Horned Grebe - 11
16. Red-tailed Hawk - 1
17. American Coot - 24
18. Ring-billed Gull - about 75
19. Herring Gull - 3
20. Black-capped Chickadee - 1
21. American Robin - 26
22. American Tree Sparrow - 1
23. Song Sparrow - 2
24. Northern Cardinal - 1 (m)
25. Red-winged Blackbird - about 275 - flyover
26. Common Grackle - 5
   Also had a Killdeer near my work early that morning in the area behind State 8 motorcycles and a Turkey Vulture on the way out to Lake Medina soaring at the intersection of Steels Corners and Northampton Rds.

Douglas W. Vogus - Akron, Ohio.