OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:44:02 -0400
HEY! THIS is the time to visit GLSM!!
The number of ducks is phenomenal!!
G-L Scaup
N Shovelers
Redheads
Canvas backs
Ring necks
Mallards
Ruddys
Coot
I'm certain I omitted many!!
OH, and the GULLS!!! Literally THOUSANDS!! Mostly ringbilled - but what a
sight! They follow the ducks trying to steal an easy meal! Some ducks were
observed diving for moss!!

Also, today, we visited Bressler Reservoir in Allen County and found large
numbers of ducks too far out for good ID but know there are perhaps the same
as on GLSM! And there were Horned Grebes and Piedbilled.

Anyway, it would be great just to observe the numbers of ducks. My husband
is amazed and awed by the numbers. Also, there were greater than usual
numbers of Canadas on the lake this winter!!

Mother Nature always seems to rebound. And what a rebound she has given us
this spring.

Enjoy,
Jill Bowers
Auglaize County