OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Dennis McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:46:20 -0700
Yesterday and today at E 72nd st. boat ramp area saw about 30 greater scaup, same amount of red breasted mergansers, mostly males, and some redheads.

At North Chagrin, yesterday, several wood ducks and mallards, but not all that many total on the duck ponds.  But down in the lagoon across River Rd from Squire's Castle was a tundra swan...got a little nervous when it spotted me and took off to the north but then circled around directly over my head and appeared to have landed back in the Chagrin River near Rogers Rd.  Also observed a single GBH both days, in the same lagoon, and more wood ducks in marsh near the road.  Some photos here:

 http://www.pbase.com/tileman533/2009&page=5

Denny McDonnell
Euclid