OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Pat McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:11:13 -0400
Darke County Birders saw a total of 40 species on our annual Duck Drive around Darke County today. Here's the list:
1. Great Blue Heron
2. Mourning Dove
3. Turkey Vulture
4. Red-tailed Hawk
5. Red-winged Blackbird
6. Common Grackle
7. American Robin
8. European Starling
9. Greater Scaup
10. Northern Flicker
11. Horned Lark
12. Horned Grebe
13. Pied-billed Grebe
14. Mute Swan
15. Mallard
16. Canada Goose
17. Tufted Titmouse
18. Northern Cardinal
19. Belted Kingfisher
20. Carolina Chickadee
21. Killdeer
22. Eastern Mockingbird
23. Snow Goose (1 Blue Phase, 8 White Phase)
24. American Coot
25. Redhead
26. Gadwall
27. Northern Shoveler