OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Chris McAnlis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris McAnlis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:49:54 -0400
What is the early date for Eastern Phoebe? I am 95% certain that I heard
an Eastern Phoebe calling in my yard later this afternoon. I also had 5
Eastern Bluebirds checking out a nesting box from last year. Also amusing
was that just after my husband and I finished putting up 2 more bluebird
boxes, we saw a chickadee first fly to the one and check it out, then fly
to the other and pop in!

Also seen:
Eastern Phoebe(1)
Cardinals (6)
Song Sparrow(1)
Mourning Doves(2)
Chickadees(3)
Tufted Titmouse(2)
White Breasted Nuthatch(1)
Brown Creeper(1)
Downey Woodpecker(4)
Hairy Woodpecker(4)
Pileated Woodpecker(1)
Pine Siskins (4)
Goldfinches(4)
Dark Eyed Junco's (3)
Blue Jay (3)
Robin (3)
Bluebird (5)
with some type of hawk flying nearby.

Also saw a Mourning Cloak butterfly which was a treat!

Chris