OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Nancie Poorman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancie Poorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:08:03 -0400
Yes, there is an active eagles nest at the Big Island Wildlife Area.   As I
was at the wildlife area on Friday night about 6:00pm.  I spotted two eagles
at an active nest near the intersection of LaRue-Prospect Rd W & Espyville
Rd S.   If you go to the west from the intersection to the first parking lot
off the north side of the road and look across the road to the southwest,
you'll see the active eagles nest.   Also, at this location if you look to
the northwest there is another eagles nest but I didn't see any activity.

Nancie