OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:15:59 -0400
But almost nothing else is.  Total numbers today were down by two orders of
magnitude.  This often happens when we get a spell of good weather.  My
theory is that when conditions are really good, the birds just keep right on
going.  The other factor is that mild, sunny days bring out the
fisherpersons and raise the disturbance level.  The waterfowl can take four
boats.  With the fifth boat, the population goes down about half.  The sixth
boat pretty much puts paid to the whole lot.  There have been five boats on
the lake for last two days.
There was only one LTDU today, a female, seen from the marina again.

Cheers,

Bob

--
Robert D Powell