OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 10:20:27 -0400
Yesterday while walking my dog, I observed a single Barred Owl in a pine
tree in the backyard of a house along Mimring Road in the Clintonville
neighborhood of Columbus. This location is close to the Walhalla ravine,
where I had observed a pair of the owls last year. I have also observed
old owl sign under a pine tree in the alley that runs behind my house,
so I believe that the Barred Owls are probably breeding somewhere in the
general neighborhood.

I'd go out and check for calls at night, but my own newborn takes
priority right now. If anyone is hearing the birds calling in the
Walhalla area, might want to think about submitting that data to the
OBBA.

Andy Sewell

Columbus, Ohio

<http://info.mailfrontier.com/>