OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Dave Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:53:04 -0400
Walked with Ranger Paul Motts along the towpath trail.
Highlights for this morning:

Winter Wren - 1
Rusty Blackbird - 6
Eastern Towhee - 1
Red-winged Blackbird - many
Common Grackle - many
American Robin - many
Barnyard Goose - 1
Canada Goose - many
Mallard
Wood Duck
Downy Woodpecker
Red Bellied Woodpecker - heard several but none seen
Northern Flicker - heard but not seen
Song Sparrow - 1 seen others heard
American Crow
Black Capped Chickadee
White Breasted Nuthatch
Killdeer - 1

After the walk I headed to the site of the old Richfield Coliseum hoping to get some pictures.  No pictures but I did see
Eastern Bluebird - 1 M/F pair
Eastern Meadowlark 1 M/F pair
Red-winged Blackbird
Turkey Vulture
American Crow

On the drive back home
Pileated Woodpecker (just south of Deep Lock Quarry)
Belted Kingfisher (at the Ira Beaver Marsh)
Red Tailed Hawk (2 on Major Road - 2 on Riverview - 1 Bath Heron Rookery)
Turkey (on Sackett Ave Cuyahoga Falls - it started to run across the road as I passed it.  It stopped just short of running into the side of my car as I swerved to avoid it!)

Dave Watkins
Cuyahoga Falls
Summit County