OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Philip Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:21:15 -0400
Good morning.  I apologize for not getting this out, earlier, but I came
home after birding and my son seems to have contracted the plague.

I was at Cowan Lake from ~7:55am until roughly 11am and then SVWA from
roughly 11:45a until close to 1:30p.

Cowan Lake

----

Eastern Bluebird (2)

Eastern Towhee (2)

C. Loon (1)  - saw it twice and got 2 fuzzy photographs suitable for ID and
that's about it.

Pileated Woodpecker (2)

Greater Yellowlegs (3)

Lesser Yellowlegs (2)

Pectoral Sandpiper (1)

Common Snipe (4)

Turkey Vulture (50+)

Black Vulture (15-20)

Herring Gull (4)

Ring-billed Gull (25)

Bonaparte's Gull (1)

Mute Swan (4)

Canada Geese (~30)

Red-breasted Merganser (4)

Common Merganser (1)

Bufflehead (8)

Mallard (15)

Ruddy Ducks (~20)

Red-shouldered Hawk (2)

Dark-eyed Junco (11)

White-throated Sparrow (2)

White-crowned Sparrow (3)

Carolina Chickadee (18)

Downy Woodpecker (3)

American Coot (1)

Horned Grebe (4)

Spring Valley WA

---

Eastern Phoebe (1)

Swainson's Thrush (1)

Yellow-rumped Warbler - FOS for me, photo good enough for id, but little
else

Song Sparrow (12)

Red-winged Blackbird (50+)

Rusty Blackbird (~4-5)

Field Sparrow (2)

White-throated Sparrow (5)

Carolina Wren (4)

Carolina Chickadee (6)

Wood Duck (2)

I'm working on getting the photos up - got some very, VERY good looks of the
Black Vultures foraging in the mud like the Snipes.  Anyway, I should have
them up by mid-morning on http://pmwdesigns.blogspot.com .  Good looks, at
first blush of the Black Vultures, the Snipes, and Yellowlegs.

Peace,

Phil