OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:00:03 -0400
No it hasn't been spotted yet, but I did get an update from Nathan Senner regarding the project.:

"I first wanted to update you on the tracking of our godwits.  We had
an additional data-logger carrying adult resighted this winter, this
time on the shores of the Strait of Magellan in extreme southern
Chile.  This was very cool preliminary support for our hypothesis that
godwits traveling from Manitoba spend the winter on Tierra del Fuego.
So we were very excited to receive that news.  Hopefully we can
receive some more resightings this spring during migration."

Imagine driving from one end of one continent through Canada,US, Mexico, then navigating the southern continent with all it's tall mountains...just for the winter then driving back...someone needs to tell these guys about Florida.  :-)

He also wanted to formally ask me if they could use one of my photos on ebird and some of the other portals.  So don't be surprised if you see that "NN" on your favorite birding news site.  It will defiantly be on www.ebird.org, but other than that, I don't know.

Happy Birding and God bless.

Steve Jones
(a.k.a. sjlarue)

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

(Matthew 10.29-31)